Your First Visit
Our practice understands that your first visit to the dentist's office can be intimidating. Dr Antonious and his team want to make you feel relaxed about receiving dental treatment. We make it our goal to provide you with a fun, beneficial experience that helps you stay healthy and happy. We welcome you to Sunnyvale Dental Care and look forward to working with you and your smile!
During your first visit to our office, Dr Antonious and his staff will:
- Take time listening to your concerns and expectations
- Review with you your complete dental AND medical history
- Take an X-ray of your mouth and jaw (if needed)
- Do a bite analysis and TMJ (Jaw Joint) exam.
- Following your exam Dr. Antonious will use your x-rays and photos to illustrate his findings and suggested treatments; he will explain your options and help you decide which options are right for you.
- Will encourage you to ask questions so that you can make informed decisions about treatment and answer any question you may have.
- Will go over each of our flexible payment plans so you can chose which is best for you.
After your first exam and cleaning, it is important to continue scheduling regular checkups.
Regular dental checkups are very important for a healthy mouth and healthy body. You should be visiting the dentist every six months – that's twice a year!
In between checkups it is important for you to take care of your teeth and gums! Be sure to brush your teeth at least three times a day, and floss at least once. This will help minimize the amount of plaque and tartar build up that can lead to tooth decay and disease. If you need help learning how to properly brush and floss, please ask at your next office visit and we will be happy to show you how!